We at Kanjal Culture comply with the relevant Omani laws, namely Royal Decree 12/2011 on Cyber Crimes Law،, and Royal Decree 68/2008 on Electronic Transactions Law and other relevant laws and regulations.
What we collect and how do we use your personal information?
|Personal information we collect||How we use that personal information|
|Name, title, address, e mail address, phone number, when you create an account with us||To open the account.
To process and deliver your orders
To verify your identity
To update you regarding your order
To enable you to store your details for future purchases
|Your IP address, technical information about your phone, tablet or computed, browsing history on our site, your basket contents whilst using our Site.||To help prevent payment fraud when you make a purchase
To help us tailor the Site and offers to suit you better.
To suggest products we feel may be of interest to you
To enable us to manage stock levels, product demand and future resource requirements.
To carry out market research
To improve our Website and communication
|Your name, title, email address, telephone number and any other personal information you may submit to us (by post, email, messenger, or via social media) when you make a product or customer service inquiry or message us||To answer your query or respond to your message as necessary|
|Your name, title, email address, delivery address, billing address, debit/credit card/ paypal details when you make a purchase with us||To accept orders and take payments.
To deliver the order, resolve issues with the order and manage refunds and returns.
To contact you to obtain feedback regarding your order or your Kanjal Culture purchase experience
Non personal information:
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of interest browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Website. We may supply this information to third party websites for the sole purpose of identifying the number of users of our Website and identifying sources of dysfunctionalities. You cannot be identified from this information.
We may store some information (commonly known as cookie) in our computer when you look at our Site. This information facilitates the use of our site and helps us to understand how our Website is used. You can erase or block some cookies from your computer if you want to, but certain services may not work properly if you set your browser not to receive cookies.
Marketing and communication:
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time we may contact you using some of your contact methods you have provided, with details of our newsletters, surveys or other messages that we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from Kanjal Culture, you may click “unsubscribe” button included at the footer of every marketing email.
Legal Basis for using your information
- Kanjal Culture only uses or shares your personal information only where we have a proper reason to do so. These reasons are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your Order
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Kanjal Culture in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most appropriate way e.g. to manage our stock levels, for business development and risk management
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to use or share the information e.g. when we have to use your information for law enforcement purposes or statutory compliance
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court Order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
We will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a third party having ensured that steps have first been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Kanjal Culture may disclosure or transfer personal information as part of a reorganisation or a sale of the assets of a Kanjal Culture.
Kanjal Culture works with a number of national and international trusted suppliers, individuals, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies, fraud prevention agencies, beauty and cosmetic brands and market research companies amongst others. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
DELIVERY AND LOGISTICS PARTNERS
In order for you to receive your goods, Kanjal Culture works with a number of delivery and logistics partners. We only pass limited information to them in order to ensure successful delivery of your order.
Kanjal Culture works with businesses and individuals who support our Site and business systems.
Kanjal Culture works with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys, analytics, and product reviews on our behalf.
PAYMENT PROCESSING COMPANIES
Kanjal Culure works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
KEEPING OUR RECORDS ACCURATE
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, or you would like to remove your published submission from the Website you may do so at any time by using the Contact Us page on this Site.
You should be aware that the internet is an insecure environment. We have implemented technology and employee policies to help safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. We will continue to update these measures, as appropriate, when new technology becomes available.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other third party sites (including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter), or for advertisers on our site, even if you access them using links from our Website and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. If you linked to our Website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and we recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. Unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these third party sites or for any third party advertisers on our Site, nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they are collected, unless there is another legal reason for us to retain the information. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or erase from our systems all data which is no longer required. We will keep your personal information for the duration of your account being active and for 7 years after our contract with you has terminated.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You have the rights to:-
- Withdraw your consent to Our processing your personal Information at any time. You can do this at any time by changing your “Preferences” when you log in to your account or by contacting us at email@example.com. In certain circumstances, We can process your personal Information without your consent. These include (amongst other reasons) where processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests
- Ask us to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal Information. We would seek to rectify the data as soon as possible and usually within one month unless the request is complex
- Ask us to erase your personal Information. This is commonly referred to as the right to be forgotten. This right is only applicable where there is no compelling reason for the continued processing of your personal Information. There are some circumstances where this right to erasure does not apply and in such cases. We would notify You of the reason(s) why We need to retain your personal Information (unless prevented to do so by law)
- Restrict processing of your personal Information where, for example, the data is inaccurate, being processed unlawfully or where the data is no longer relevant to the specific purpose for processing. In such cases, we would retain the data but We would not process it further without your consent, or if processing your Information is for establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim, or for the protection of rights of other individuals, or for public interest reasons. In such circumstances, we would let You know that we intend to lift the restriction on processing your personal Information.
- Request access to your personal Information via a subject access request. your request should be made to us in writing and we may ask you for proof of your identity before providing You with the data. There is usually no fee for making such a request however, in limited circumstances, we can charge an administrative fee (which will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information).
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal Information for marketing purposes (including profiling). We will usually inform You (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obtain and reuse your personal Information for your own purposes across different services (right to data portability). This right is only applicable to data that You have provided to us, where We are processing the data based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and when the processing is carried out by automated means. Where this right applies, the data will be provided to You in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
Please be aware that we will need to verify your identity before providing any personal information to you. We do this to protect your information. We may also ask you to provide us some additional voluntary information to help us process your request more efficiently.